Portals of Phereon Wiki:Policies and guidelines
Here are some written some policies and guidelines for using the wiki. For convenience, they are separated into general stuff and stuff that only applies for editing.
Blocking someone even temporarily is a last resort, so please don't be nervous about getting involved. The guidelines on this page are a reaction to a situations that have arisen in wiki management before, placed here so that we have concrete guides for future reference.
Also note this difference: Policies are rules, which one may be blocked for repeatedly breaking. Guidelines are less objective, absolute, or enforced.
- Don't post images with any genitals or nipples, even if they are screenshots or assets from the game (text is okay in moderation). See the Censoring guide for a step-by-step guide on making cleanly censored images.
- It's strongly encouraged to make an account if you contribute more than occasionally. Not only is it convenient for anyone trying to communicate with you, it gives you a way to improve your Miraheze experience.
- It's discouraged to post images consisting only of text - just quote the text.
- Article comments are meant for discussion of the article itself, not so much the article's topic. The comment system is also not well suited to extended discussion, which should generally go in our Discord
- Don't be jerks. Assume good faith. Be patient with newbies and those whose first language is not English.
- Don't delete relevant information without discussing it first, especially if the information can't yet be found elsewhere on the wiki.
- If you notice you are in an edit war with someone, start a discussion instead of continuing the edit war.
- Logged-in editors should use standard criteria when deciding whether an edit is a "minor edit" (anonymous editors cannot mark edits as minor).
- Don't make sweeping changes or change headings without discussing.
- If you aren't sure how to properly integrate info into a page, or where it should go, ask in comments or the Discord.
- The edit summary is no place to ask questions or send messages. But we do appreciate an edit summary briefly describing what you changed.
Grammar and style
- Avoid regional slang and dialect.
- Species names should use title case, while all other titles and sections should be in sentence case style (like Wikipedia). Also preferred are American spellings and commas between all list items including the final two (AKA the serial comma).
- One space after a sentence, not two.
- Creature - Units without access to lust actions in combat, only breedable with units of exact same species
- Humanoid - Units with access to lust actions in combat, breedable with any other humanoid
- Base species - Pure species that the others are based on
- Hybrid species - Hybrids between the base species
- Special hybrids - Secret hybrids created with specific species as parents, always including at least one first-tier hybrid species
- Impure species - Species that can't be acquired through breeding, and which don't give skill points when Evolution or Creation does a Ritual with them
- Unique characters - Named characters that you can only get once through an event, which may belong to a normal species or have a unique species
- Town NPCs - Named characters that occupy a town location
- Giants - Species with the Giant special trait, mostly generic worldbosses and some story bosses