New Game Settings
From Portals of Phereon Wiki
When you start a new game, there are four categories of options you have to choose:
- Main Character: select one of the three main characters, their elemental affinity, and dating interests
- Difficulty: several global difficulty options, such as starting resources, king quests, harder enemies, permadeath, etc.
- Traits/Profession: here you pick one profession, and buy genes and traits for the main character
- Starter 1 and starter 2: here you pick the race, genes and traits of the two units you start with
If you are new and don't know what to pick:
- MainCharacter: whatever you like.
- Difficulty: you can leave difficulty as is. Some people recommend lowering gold to disable breeding king quests.
- Traits/profession: depends on character picked, and whether you want a strong start or potential. See the Main Characters pages for tips on traits and profession for each.
- Starters: the game recommends a pair of melee+ranged, with melee being a bit tanky, and caster having support potential.
- Or you can follow a Guide
Here you choose one of the three Main Characters
Picked element multiplies both starting stat and lvlupstat